New Year’s Resolution: Black Belt and Beyond.....
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
At the start of the year, making New Year’s Resolutions are a standard tradition for many. It is a time to take stock of the past year and dream big for the new year. Yet only 8% of people successful complete their resolutions.
The six most common reasons for failing to meet resolutions are:
- Not making it a priority or having a strong enough reason why
- Getting discouraged if things don’t go perfectly from the start
- Not having specific enough goals
- Trying to do too many different activities at once
- Not having the right mentors or support groups
- Not tracking progress
Four of the most common resolutions include:
- Losing weight and working out more
- Spending more time with family
- Being a nicer person
- Learning something new
Training in the martial arts acts as a lynch-pin habit that allows you to conquer many goals at once. Learning martial arts at our school gives you an activity to do with your family. Martial arts training also burns lots of calories, makes you stronger and more flexible; while increasing coordination, discipline, confidence; and stamina. Our classes teach you self-defense and offer an amazing stress relief from the daily grind.
By setting your goal to achieve your black belt you eliminate the common reasons people fail to meet their resolutions.
- By training in the martial arts you are able to meet multiple goals with as little as two classes per week which makes it easy to schedule as a priority.
- At our school, you have the benefit of being training directly by our expert instructors eliminating the need for you to do anything but show up for class.
- You are able to train at your own pace with a supportive environment of your fellow students.
- Having a goal of black belt is a worthy goal that is a long term goal that is broken down into smaller more achievable goals by earning other belt levels first.
- As you progress you learn new and exciting techniques, make great progress to your physical goals and develop a strong mind that will allow you to be successful in all areas of your life.
If you are a current student, make sure to recommit to becoming a black belt and don’t hesitate to ask us for help in achieving your goal. We are here for you.